Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have been carefully monitoring the progression of the virus and closely following the advice of Canada’s public health authorities. We have followed their recommendations and have been adhering to Universal Precautions in our clinic to focus on our highest priority – the health and safety of our Patients, Staff, and the community.
PRACTICE MODIFICATIONS (May 22 Update)
At Brickyard Dental Clinic, we have taken the following additional infection control measures in order to ensure the safety of our patients and staff:
- Pre-screening of patients prior to their appointment and again upon entering the office (this includes a temperature check)
- Installation of Air Purifiers and HVE
- A powerful ventilation system throughout the office
- All Dental Operatories have been fully enclosed. This will allow us to assign each patient to an individual operatory without any exposure to other patients. This unique feature also enables us to disinfect all surfaces and allow for air ventilation much more effectively.
- A full Plexiglass has been installed at our reception area and our front desk staff will be wearing all appropriate PPE’s including scrubs, masks and gloves.
- All Team Members will be screened with respect to Covid-19 Symptoms
- All common surfaces at our front area will be disinfected prior to the start and multiple times during the day
- All touched surfaces will be disinfected
- All furniture has been rearranged to allow for social distancing
- Fewer scheduling options will be offered to allow for social distancing and the safety of everyone in our office
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff members including N95 and KN95 masks, Face shields, gowns and more
- Using 1% Hydrogen Peroxide for rinsing prior to every examination
- The use of rubber dam and other isolation techniques
- The use of HVE (High Volume Suction) in order to minimize aerosols
- A limited number of staff, dentists and patients per day
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html