Benefits of Tooth-Coloured Restorations
Resin onlays are bonded to the teeth developing a tight, exceptional fit to the natural tooth. Such restorations can be utilized in circumstances where much of the tooth structure has actually been lost.
Given that the resin utilized in tooth-coloured restorations include fluoride this can assist and avoid decay. The resin acts like your natural teeth and does not need positioning at the gum line, which means healthier for your gums!
The outcome is a stunning smile!
Changing Silver Fillings with Tooth Coloured Restoration
You can have your silver fillings changed with tooth-colored restorations onlays. This procedure needs 2 sessions.
Your 1st Appointment:
1. The old filling is gotten rid of in addition to any added decay.
2. An impression is made from your teeth. A design of your teeth is made and sent out to the laboratory
3. A temp onlay is put on the tooth.
At the Lab: At the Laboratory: A resin is thoroughly put into the design of your teeth. It is then created to look natural.
Your 2nd Appointment:
1. The short-term onlay is properly disposed of.
2. A conditioning gel is put on your tooth to prepare it for the brand-new onlay.
3. Bonding cement is put on the tooth and a high strength light bonds the resin to the tooth.
4. The tooth is then polished.
Resin onlays are bonded to the teeth producing a tight, remarkable fit to the natural tooth. Such restorations can be utilized in circumstances where much of the tooth structure has actually been lost. The tooth continues to be undamaged and more powerful.
Your teeth are returned to a natural looking state, they are also much stronger and the tooth is secured!